Courthouse Museum


The Court House, which was moved from Day Dawn near Cue in 1921, is now a museum with displays of old photographs, lots of gold rush history, the usual displays of old domestic items and some interesting Aboriginal artifacts from the local area. Next to the Courthouse, the community has restored the old Yalgoo police station and gaol. The old gaol and police station were built in the town in 1896 and although the cells are very small they were a vast improvement on the stick and chain method previously used for incarceration.

Courthouse Museum
Location: Yalgoo Township
Opening Hrs: Call Shire for details.
Disabled Access: Yes
Features: Toilet facilities, Information bay adjacent.
Contact: Shire Offices
Contact Ph: (08) 9962 8042
Contact Fax: (08) 9962 8020
Email: shire@yalgoo.wa.gov.au
inside museuminside museum